Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beginner blogger

This is my first blog and I would like to start by telling all a little about myself.

My name is Paul and I live in the beautiful country of Finland with my wife, in a small and comfortable abode that suits us completely. I am a part time English teacher and a full time Masters student at the University of Helsinki, trying to further myself and over-qualify myself, so that not finding a job will become an impossibility.

Truthfully, I had the opportunity to teach in October of last year for a few months and really felt blessed to be able to do so. In short, I got hooked at the first asking and I have no plans to even try to go cold turkey as yet! It is what I feel I am called to do, and I will grasp this chance with every ounce of strength that I can muster.

Those of you who have known me for a long time know how hard I used to work. You will also know how close this came to killing me, whilst I was living in the U.K. As much as I was grateful for the opportunities given to me there...my life has become so much easier because I have allowed myself to rest.

September will soon be upon us, and my extended (even though definitely well earned) rest will be over. So here's to the future months. I wish you all the best in your futures, with lots of exciting times coming up for all of you.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention about your amazing neighbour... hehe ;) j/k

    Hope you enjoy blogging! Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete